According to a study by Computer Economics, large organizations have increased the percentage of their IT budgets spent on outsourcing from 6.3% to 8.7% this year. While this figure may not seem so large, the advantages of IT outsourcing tend to convince that the outsourcing trend will only continue to grow.
Let’s discover the main reasons why outsource IT processes and how to do it in the most effective way.
Choosing from the global talent pool
The recent rise of remote work during the pandemic made more business owners opt for global hiring, which was appreciated by remote workers as well. To date, 18% of the working population and 16% of companies in the world are fully remote, while healthcare, financial services and IT are the industries with the largest remote work adoption. By 2023, there will be 62 million ICT specialists worldwide, so companies would be able to choose from an even wider tech talent pool, getting the next benefits of global hiring as well.
Apart from what’s been mentioned, here are some additional benefits that make business consider hiring developers globally:
- Bridge the talent gap. IT executives see the talent shortage as the most significant adoption barrier to 64% of emerging technologies, compared with just 4% in 2020, according to a new survey from Gartner. Global hiring, in turn, allows for acquiring necessary specialists with the required expertise, without being limited to geographical location. At the same time, searching for the perfect-fit candidate in the global labor market is like looking for a needle in a haystack, so partnering with a global talent sourcing vendor would be a smart choice.
- Embrace cultural diversity. The matter is that people from different cultures think differently as well. Having a culturally and mentally diverse tech team allows for finding non-trivial solutions to both typical and non-standard problems. What’s more, cultural diversity can improve productivity. According to a recent study, a 1% increase in racial diversity between upper and lower management increases firm productivity by between $729 and $1590 per employee per year.
Skilled developers with niche expertise
Despite the United States being in the top three of the most innovative countries in the world and is a home to the world’s biggest technology companies, this country isn’t the only one with top technical talent. What’s more, many American companies bet on software development outsourcing to solve the problem of the talent shortage, plus get additional benefits when it comes to insourcing vs outsourcing choice.
The opportunity to choose an offshore destination with a niche-specific talent is another advantage that attracts business owners try outsourcing. To see why, let’s take a look at some popular offshore development locations:
- Ukraine has long been a global software development outsourcing leader. This country is a home to Grammarly and other tech unicorns, while the local developers stand out with a solid technical education that follows still relevant engineering traditions of the Soviet Union.
- The Czech Republic. In one of our recent articles, we have already dwelled on the reasons to hire an outsourced development team in Czechia. The developers from this country are especially skilled in cybersecurity solutions development, while its startup-friendliness policy is an additional reason for choosing this country as your outsourcing destination.
- Brazil is well-known for its focus on edge computing development. The local IT market largely welcomes innovations and offers the biggest tech talent pool in Latin America.
Last but not least, IT outsourcing allows for matching your project requirements with the budget in the most cost and value-effective way. For example, let’s compare the software developers’ salaries in Romania, Brazil and the USA.
|Salary per month in $
There is an almost fivefold difference between the US and Latin America or Eastern Europe software developers salaries, while the quality of services provided remains competitive in each of the countries. That’s why many US companies prefer hiring remote talent instead of developing software in-house.
What’s more, when you hire a remote development team from an IT outsourcing provider, the monthly costs are fixed. The only thing is to choose the right hiring strategy, so let’s take a look at the possible options.
Ways to hire remote developers
In addition to the benefits software development outsourcing promises, there are also several ways to hire remote tech talent, and each of them can be accurately tailored to your project goals and remote team management experience. Let’s discover the main tactics in more detail.
Hire freelance programmers
There are 1,1 billion freelancers in the world, and the major part of them are ICT professionals. What’s more, the cost to hire freelancers is significantly lower compared to hiring a dedicated team from a tech vendor or gathering an in-house development team, so the widest choice options and the opportunity to cut costs are the main reasons why companies create their solutions with freelancers’ help.
However, making the right hiring decision when choosing from such a vast talent pool can be overwhelming. Managing a freelance development team also requires solid leadership experience, plus organizational and communication skills. And when you have to hire a large team that will work in different time zones, a previous experience of working with freelancers is a must.
Team augmentation, in turn, combines the best of the worlds of in-house and remote work. As a part of this tactic, you have to hire additional developers remotely to ramp up your in-house team. In most cases, companies choose team augmentation (or team scaling/team extension), when they face a sudden peak in a workload or when the necessary talent isn’t available locally.
To get even more benefits from scaling your in-house team with remote developers, consider getting in touch with a talent sourcing vendor, like Bridge. Our experts will help you choose the most winning location to hire from, depending on your job requirements, and suggest the best matches in a short time. By partnering with us, you will be able to scale your development team much faster than by hiring additional programmers on your own, and at a better cost, compared to hiring an in-house HR manager.
Call us now to quickly scale your team with the best-in-class programmers!
IT recruitment stands for the opportunity to hire a full-fledged development team from a specific location. While some companies prefer hiring an in-house HR manager and running the recruitment process fully in-house, there is also another option you can consider to speed up the tech team gathering.
Getting in touch with a talent sourcing vendor for IT recruitment services is one of the smartest choices you can make to leverage the benefits of headache-free global hiring. Our tech recruitment experts would be able to quickly find the necessary candidates from the local labor market, using our data-driven sourcing engine and the power of automation. You are also welcome to use our dedicated platform for candidate management and interview scheduling, so that you can keep a clear track of your hiring campaign progress.
Drop us a line today to gather a brilliant development team at a better cost and no risk!
Sourcing-as-a-service is a quick-win option for companies which aren’t ready to invest in a hiring campaign yet, but are still eager to get profiles of candidates currently available. Bridge experts would be happy to create a verified list of suitable programmers for you, carefully chosen on a local market according to your job requirements. The only thing you have to do is to either proceed with interviewing them or keep the candidates in mind for the future.
Meet the candidates you need with 5-times faster sourcing-as-a-service!
Software development outsourcing model isn’t new. It is a time-proven strategy to unlock the global tech talent pool, optimize your development budget, hire candidates with niche-specific expertise and avoid the challenges of hiring a development team on your own. Bridge talent experts are here to source the best-fit tech specialists according to your needs, so choose the hiring tactic that sounds best for you and drop us a line for professional hiring services!